The “smart grid” is becoming increasingly diverse, with complex, dissimilar devices, metering, appliances and more. As energy and utilities organizations incorporate increasing information technology (IT) systems into their smart grid, cyber security is becoming one of the most important issues. Industry and regulatory organizations such as the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) have recognized this need, and are creating cyber security standards that must be met to ensure protection of the vital power grid.
IT teams are under increasing pressure to identify regulatory requirements, then implement and manage solutions that will meet those requirements. But with the inconsistency of IT devices and systems, increased cyber threats, and sheer magnitude of requirements, this can be challenging.
To help you comply with industry and regulatory requirements from organizations such as the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Conexsys leverages a full range of security solutions, products and services. We begin with a full Vulnerability Assessment to identify and classify risks, then recommend and deploy the solution that matches your specific requirements for current performance, growth and security. Performed by highly skilled networking and security specialists, your solution is deployed using the Conexsys Project Management Methodology; a five-step process for solutions that come in on time and on budget.
- Understand your current risk posture, including your ability to meet compliance requirements and recover from breaches.
- Improve risk-based security, including improving the ability to address emerging threats.
- Improve ability to prioritize and validate IT investments based on risk management.
- Create a homogeneous security infrastructure with visibility into all security risks and counter-measures.
- Manage your security infrastructure with a clear migration path, with improved flexibility to respond to changing and increasing threats.